Canon Pixma MG3670 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma MG3670 Install
Connect Canon Pixma MG3670 to the Wireless Network
- Before connecting to the wireless network, complete its hardware setup. Fill the ink cartridge and load paper into your printer tray.
- Then, power on your printer and ensure that its power lamp is properly lit.
- Now, press and hold the Wifi button on the operation panel located at the top of the printer. You need to keep it pressed until the power lamp flashes.
- After that, press the “color” button and the Wifi button simultaneously until the Wi-fi lamp flashes quickly. Also. the power lamp must be lit.
- Now, go to your access point(router) and press its WPS button within 2 minutes. The blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue to flash while searching and the Power and Wi-Fi lamp will both flash when connecting to the access point.
- After the printer is connected to your wireless network, the Power and Wi-fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- Now, you have to confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network by printing out the network settings of your printer. For that, load a sheet of A4 sized plain paper.
- Then, press and hold the Wi-fi button until the Power lamp flashes once and then release it.
- This will print the network information page.
Download and Install Printer Driver
To download and install your printer driver, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- First of all, open a web browser on your system.
- Then, go to https://canon.com-ijsetup.net by typing it in the address bar.
- On the web page, click on the setup tab and a new window will appear on your screen.
- Now, type MG3670 into the product search field and click on the GO button. By doing so, you will see the download button on your screen.
- Click on the Download button. As a result, it will start downloading the setup file on your computer and it may take a few minutes.
- Make sure that you do not close the window or turn off the system in between the downloading process.
- Once the download finishes, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder. But if you want to save it in some other folder, you need to it manually.
- First of all, open the Downloads folder on your system.
- Then, locate the setup file of Canon in your folder.
- After that, double-click the file and proceed to the next step.
- It will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control asking you to make necessary changes to your computer. For granting permission, click on the Yes button given in the box.
- It will start running the file.
- Then, a dialog box will be shown on your screen, click on the Language button located at the bottom and select your desired language from the drop-down menu. To return back, click on the back button.
- In the next window, select your country or region by clicking on the drop-down arrow key. If your country is not listed, select others from the given list of options.
- Then, click on the green Next button located at the bottom.
- Now, read the End User License Agreement carefully. If you agree with all the terms and conditions of the agreement, click on the Yes button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, read the whole information of the Extended Survey Program. If you agree with it and want to take part in the program, click on the Agree button located at the bottom-right corner of the page. But if you don’t want to accept the survey program, click on Do not Agree.
- A new window of Firewall settings will appear on your screen, tick mark the box of Deactivate the block. Then, click on the Next button given there.
- In the next screen, you are required to select your connection method. Select Wireless LAN Connect or USB connection option according to your preference. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, if you have selected the Wireless LAN connection method in the above step, you will see two options- Connect via Wireless router and Direct Connection. While Canon recommends you choose the first option, but if you want to select the direct option, click on the instructions tab and then follow the on-screen steps.
- Then, click on the Next button and proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on and click on the Next button.
- Next, in the printer detection screen, the software will start searching your printer on the network. The detection process may take some time and you have to wait until the searching is completed.
- Once the printer is detected, select your printer from the list of options and click on the Next button to start the setup of your printer.
- To proceed, the Print Head Alignment window will appear on your screen. Click on the Next button located at the bottom.
- Now, a test print screen will appear. To perform the test, click on the execute button and follow the on-screen instructions. Also, your printer must be loaded with plain paper in order to run the test. But if you don’t want to run the test, click on the Next button.
- Now, the setup process is complete. Click on the Next button to start the software installation.
- In the next screen, select your desired software that you wish to install and click on the Next button.
- The user registration window will appear on your screen. To register, click on the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions. Otherwise, click on the Skip button.
- Now, it will take you to the Installation Completion window. Click on the Exit button to finish the installation. After that, restart your computer.