Canon Pixma E470 Install
First Time Setting Up Canon Pixma E470 Install
Printer Configuration- Connecting Printer to Wireless Connection
- Before you begin with the configuration process, make sure you have completed the hardware setup of your printer. Ink and paper must be loaded in the printer.
- After that, switch on the printer by pressing its power button. Wait until the power lamp lits properly.
- Then, press and hold the Wifi button in order to connect to the network. You will get this button on the operational panel from the top of the printer.
- Once the Wi-fi light stables, then, press the “Color” button from the operational panel.
- Now, the power lamp starts blinking. Wait until the power lamp gets stable.
- Thereafter, press the “Color” button again.
- By doing so, Wireless network lamp light will begin flashing.
- Wait for the Wifi light to get stable.
- As your printer gets connected to the internet, the power and Wifi Lamp will stop blinking and gets stable.
- This will successfully connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Now, you have to confirm the printer configuration.
For this, make sure your printer is turned on and at least 2 A-4 papers must be loaded in the paper tray.
- Then, press and hold the WiFi button until the power lamp light blinks once. When the light blinks, release the button.
- After that, press the WiFi button again. This will print the network information page.
- In the printout, Check the Connection pointer. It must indicate “Active” and SSID service must indicate the correct wireless connection name. This confirms the successful configuration of your printer to the wireless connection.
Download and Install Printer Driver
- First and foremost, open a web browser on your device.
- Then, visit the Canon Setup website. For this, type “https://canon.com-ijsetup.net” in the address bar.
- This will redirect you to the printer driver setup page.
- Now, click the “Set Up” option to continue with the procedure.
- Consequently, a Product Selection window will appear. In this window, enter your product model i.e E470 in the empty field.
- After providing the model, hit the “Go” tab.
- This will open the driver downloading window. Here, you can select your Operating System for getting the desired download link.
- You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the screen. Click the inverted triangle and select your desired OS from the list.
- Now, you can begin the downloading process by clicking the “Download” tab from the middle of the screen.
- In the middle of the downloading process, you might get popups for saving the file, choosing the downloading location, etc. Follow-on screen instructions for successful completion of the download process.
- While the printer driver is downloading, you have to wait patiently.
- Once the downloading gets completed, you have to install it on your system.
- Before you begin with installation, you have to connect your system with the same wireless network with which your printer is connected.
- Now, open the Downloads folder on your system to get the downloaded setup file. If you have changed the location at the time of downloading, then, open that folder.
- Then, double-click the downloaded setup file of the printer driver.
- If prompted by the User Account Control prompt for making the required changes on your device, then, click the “Yes” tab to continue with the process.
- In the installation wizard, you change the language as per your preference. For this, click the “Language” tab from the bottom of the screen.
- After that, initiate the setup procedure by clicking the “Start Setup” tab.
- In the next window, you have to select the country or region, you are living in. Make the desired selection.
- If you are not able to find your country on the list, then move further by clicking the “Other” option.
- Thereafter, click the “Next” tab.
- Now, the License Agreement window will display. Carefully read the whole document and move further by clicking the “Yes” tab.
- Next, Canon wants you to participate in the Extended Security Program document. Read the complete document and tap the “Agree” or “Do not agree” button, as per your preference.
- Then, a Firewall Setting window will appear. Here, you have to tick mark the checkbox next to “Deactivate the block” and click the “Next” tab.
- In the next window, you have to select the printer connection method. You will get two options, “Wireless LAN Connection” and “USB Connection”. Select the connection method and click the “Next” tab.
- If choosing the Wireless LAN Connection method, then Canon ask you to choose from the “Connect Via Wireless Router” and “Direct Connection” option.
- It is recommended to choose the Connect via wireless router option.
- Although, if you want to opt for the other method, i.e. Direct connection, then click the Instructions tab and follow the on-screen steps.
- After making the desired selection, hit the “Next” tab.
- Next window will ask to check the power. Make sure that your printer is turned on and is well connected with the wireless connection.
- Now, click the “Next” tab to continue with the process.
- This will start searching for your printer. Wait, until it completes its search process.
- Next, you have to select your printer from the list of available printers. Make the preferred selection and click the “Next” tab.
- This initiates the printer setup process.
- Afterwards, the Print Head Alignment window will appear. Click “Next” to continue with the process.
- By doing so “Print Test” window will appear. Run the test by clicking the “Execute” button and follow the on-screen instructions. For the test run, make sure your printer is loaded with papers.
- Now, tap the “Next” button.
- Setup is now completed. Tap the “Next” button to perform the software installation.
- This will display a Software Selection window. From the list, select the desired software you wish to install. Make the preferred selection and tap the “Next” button.
- After that, the User Registration window will appear. Click “Next” or “Skip” as per your preference.
- This finishes the Canon Pixma E470 setup. In the Setup completion declaration screen, click the “Exit” tab.
- Your Canon E470 printer is now successfully installed.